Thursday, July 3, 2008

When Harry Met Jenny

W,

Well thank you for the pick-me-up (post-me-up?), you fabulous Domestic Partner you. As easily as you scandalize me – still! After all these years! – I have to say that creating a menu via Naked Twister is rather genius. I think you need to patent that.

Your kind words are the icing on the wedding cake, as I am feeling waaaaaaay better than I was the other day. And I’m sure it has nothing to do with the candid heart-to-heart convo the BF and I had about money and the wedding and EVERYTHING to do with Lauren “Devil Wears Prada” Weisberger’s fabulous new novel, released just in time for summer: Chasing Harry Winston.

Photobucket Photobucket

And yes, I had to include both the US and UK covers (I read the UK version) because aren’t they too fabulous for words? How can you not drool over that bling and those stilettos?

Anyway, reading this book at this point in my life was like a shot of Nutella to the heart – invigorating, comforting, satiating. The book oozes fabulosity and girliness, but I think you might even like it! Seriously! Because these girls have issues! Like, realistic ones. And they deal with them, but not without a little pain along the way to the happy but not wholly predictable ending. I don’t want to drop any spoilers, so I won’t say much more except – sigh. Yes, that was the mellowed, happy sigh of someone who’s just delighting in being a girl again, instead of stressing at every twist and turn.

Not to mention that all this talk of jewelry has me hankering for a trip to Hatton Garden, London’s Diamond District – or, as these oft-tending-towards-verbose Brits call it, London’s Jewelry Quarter and UK Diamond Centre. You know, just to browse. And the BF even approves! He says he needs more input (read: decisiveness) regarding my Ring of Dreams, so I will be making a trip ASAP. Stay tuned… I know you’ll have your barf bucket in hand, but just try to appreciate this for the educational value, won’t you?

Ever yours,
DG

No comments: