Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bridal Mag Hag

Hello from the great state of Michigan!

Yes, DP, I am back in the good ol' US of A, though just for a quick trip to check out my mom's new digs (and have her take me shopping - obv). Although I miss the BF tremendously, it is great to be back in the land of the free, eating bratwurst and cheese curds (Colossus be damned!) and watching Chicago Cubs games. Ah yes, the midwest brings out a whole different side of me, doesn't it? And that side is growing wider by the second, I might add. I can feel the cheese curds going right to my hips. Colossus is going to have my ass on a platter for this behavior, but I just can't help myself. Fortunately I will be back in Londontown soon.

One of my other top priorities for this quick jaunt across the pond, I'll have you know, is making a great investment in my wedding planning: bridal magazines! Yessssssssssss!!! I have waited my whole life to actually legitimately buy a bridal magazine, and now I am the proud owner of five - count 'em - FIVE!

Okay, and when I say "legitimately" I am obviously looking right past my bare ring finger. FYI, I did ask the BF if I could purchase these magazines while over here and he gave me his blessing (of course, I would have bought them and sneaked them back into the house anyway but don't tell him I said that).

Are you ready? Here they are:

Photobucket

And the best part is, these are the summer issues - and our wedding is next fall - so I will have to buy a whole new crop when the fall 2008 issues are out! Woohoo!

You may also notice that I have already gone through one of them and marked some ideas with sticky notes. I am going to relish every page of these babies. Best. Plane reading. Ever.

So that's it from Motown. I will be back to London and my Domestic Goddess duties soon!

Cheerio!

DG

No comments: