Friday, August 22, 2008

DomestiGals Heart... In the Heights!

PhotobucketMy darling DP,

Inspiration takes on many forms. For you, it may be a good, comprehensive poop. For me, it may be an airplane seat bedecked in my potential wedding color palette.

But not everything in my life centers around my wedding plans (well, not directly anyway). Today I'd like to give a DomestiGals Heart Shout-Out to the blessed soundtrack that got me to, and through, the gym today.

You think it would have been a cinch to get my butt off the couch and over to the gym - I mean, my nuptials are only like just under 13 months away! - but today I needed something else to get me going. What finally got me to throw on my sneaks was remembering I had the "In the Heights" soundtrack on my iPod.

Not that I've seen the show. My mom saw it, though, and loved it. Oh, and it won like an effload of Tonys too. Mom and I popped in the soundtrack as were driving to Chicago to get my student visa in July, and I was hooked! I listened with rapture and read the plot synopsis and lyrics along with the music, and by the finale I had tears streaming down my face. I haven't been this into a musical since "Wicked" and before that "Rent" (obv). The music is so intricate, I hear something different every time. I am counting down the days until the BF and I are back in NYC and can see the show for ourselves. And I'm already stockpiling Kleenex for the occasion.

Gives me chills just thinking about it. I got chills while running on the treadmill today!

Have a listen:

And watch the genius of the show's writer, Lin-Manuel Miranda, as he accepted his Tony:


I mean. Do you love it or do you LOVE it? Pass me the tissues.

xo

DG

No comments: