Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Monogram THIS!

Sue,

On a scale of one to get a frickin' life, how pathetic is it that my first thought when I was jarred awake this morning by the garbage men at the undomestic goddessly hour of 7:30AM was, "Ooh! More time to get crackin' on our monogram!"

In case you don't know the all-important icon to which I refer, the monogram not only symbolizes your first minutes and hours as a married couple, but it also adds personalized style and sophistication to the overall design of the wedding reception. Yeah, I doubt you had one of these at your post office ceremony. Basically, the monogram should capture the vibe that you and your beloved wish to capture at your wedding and for the rest of your lives. So, you know, no pressure on my mad design skillz or lack thereof or anything.

Because I refuse to actually pay for someone else to put our monogram together for us. So I am determined to find one that fits us! And in fact, I have a few possibilities. Let me know what you think!

[Please note that I am still marrying The Lawyer. Initials and wedding date have been changed to protect his innocence.]

Number One - "Antique Chic":
Photobucket

Number Two - "Classy Classic":
Photobucket

Number Three - "Classic with a Twist":
Photobucket

Number Four - "Classic with a Shout":
Photobucket

Well? Thoughts? Do you like any of them or do I need to go back to the drawing board (or, in my case, PowerPoint slide)?

xo
DG

P.S. A big THANK YOU to the ladies who have commented on their faves of the above choices - keep your input coming! (Since Sue is really not helpful when it comes to things like this...)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Because your dying to know what I think ;o) - My vote is with Antique Chic. I don't even like monograms but I love that one.

Erica said...

Classic with a shout! I love how modern, yet timeless it is. Personally, I would center your names over the 'R' though.